Friday 2 February 2007

Barcelona's La Rambla


Day Two: La Rambla
Jocelyn and I walked around La Rambla early afternoon. As we were walking from the fountain at the top to the street we found ourselves in the path of hundreds of pigeons trying to get to an old lady with food. I wish there was a picture of us, crouching together trying to protect ourselves from getting run into by a pigeon. It was slightly terrifying. I told Jocelyn that I would have jumped in front of her if they were bullets, but for birds I shamefully crouched behind her and used her as a shield. Good thing I wasn't her boyfriend, or else I would've been in real trouble.

All along the street, which is the main shopping/tourist street. Live statues were all along the road. One of them held up one finger and then pointed strongly at the tip bucket when I tried to take a picture, bah, he's too mean to get any tips.

Also, it is legal to own 2 pot plants in Spain ... you just aren't allowed to smoke them. Doesn't stop Jocelyn's roommate from grinning behind one.

I'm completely drugged up on throat number and pain medicine to keep my throat, sinuses, ears, lymph nodes, and head from making me miserable. Hopefully tomorrow will be better as we have plans to go to a concert.

No comments: