Monday 5 February 2007

Barcelona Day 4 (2/4)


Accident Prone:
Just my luck: Murphy's law. The day my throat is all better I manage to pinch something in my neck which leaves me with my head tilted (very ponderous pose) and shooting pain anytime I accidentally move my head anywhere to the right.

Jocelyn and I wandered over to the Pablo Picasso Museum (free Sundays) and then indulged in massive pralines and truffles. Mmmmmmmmmm.

I spent the rest of the day walking around like a gimp. The pharmacies here are useless. First they tried to give me Advil for a raging sore throat and then they never heard of anything resembling IcyHot. When we asked if the cream we were handed was a heating creme we got the response "On the contrary, this is a gel, and will feel cold when applied."

It's Monday now and I have an appoitment with a US doctor I found to see what can be done about my neck since I couldn't sleep and now I really can't move my neck in any direction or risk getting numbingly sharp pain instead of a constant dull throb.

P.S. I found the most amazing pair of knee high black boots!

No comments: