Saturday 20 January 2007

Haslemere, England

Here are a few pictures from Haslemere with cousins (Jas and Dorotka), Aunt Kinga, and Babcia (granny) ... and I can't forget, the dog, !

I somehow managed to stay awake with everyone else until midnight even though I hadn't really slept in 3 days and was only able to cram myself into 2 seats to sleep on the 8 hour flight over. It's amazing that I even made the connecting flight in Houston, as they had delayed us in Austin because of continuing bad weather and back logs of flights needing to get out.

I caught the train from London Gatwick to Haslemere, changing in Guilford. It felt so good to relax a little, close my eyes, and listen to the wheels clacking away. Babcia and Kinga were home in Barrycroft (no need for street numbers here, the house has its own name). Babcia liked her slippers and socks so much that she had them all ready to wear by thinking ahead and stuffing the socks into the slippers. And of course, Lilia greeted me immediately by jumping up and putting her paws on my shoulders, me with bags and all! She's one of the longest dogs I've seen, not counting the weens(!) and such a sop (labrador and german shepard mix).

Jas then stole one of the cars, and Dorotka, Lilia, and I jumped in for an adventure ride to Blackdown. On a clear day you can see the coast from the top of the park. But watch out for the massive holes in the ground where the German bombs landed during the war, thinking that the lights the town had planted on the hill were Haslemere's location.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yippie skippie you made it!!!! i saw that a massive storm was going on around england as you were leaving. at least you escaped from the ice!